For all of our courses the following terms and conditions apply
- Places will not be considered as booked until we have received a completed booking form and full payment for first course and full payment for courses thereafter.
- A newsletter will be issued on attending first lesson which includes evacuation procedures.
- New applicant will be asked to pay a £26.00 deposit + £5.00 joining fee before start of course to secure place. Balance payable on first lesson. This is non- refundable if place is cancelled.
- An applicant who withdraws from the course once it has commenced will forfeit the whole fee unless a refund has been agreed with Sally/Amanda. A £5.00 admin fee will be deducted of any agreed refunds.
- Applicants wishing to change days or pools once the course has commenced will incur a £5,00 admin fee per swimmer payable before movement is completed
- We may from time to time change term dates to adjust for cancelled lessons rather than offer a refund this will be decided by Sally/Amanda.
- Periodically we will review the pricing structure of our courses. Price increases will be communicated Via a newsletter.
- Please advise on booking a course of Medical or Other Conditions that might have an impact on the swimmers ability to progress during the course.
Additional information for people attending courses in the swimming pool
Applicants and those accompanying the applicant will abide by the Normal Operating Procedures (NOP) issued by Schools. A summary is shown below and a full copy is available on request.
- Do not leave children unattended. Please be aware that our team are not responsible for the children while they are in the changing rooms, school corridors and the school car park.
- Do not enter the poolside if there is no lifeguard or teacher present.
- Please ensure that any children who are not swimming stay in the care of a responsible adult and not wander around the poolside and changing areas unattended.
Spectators must either sit on the stools (Smestow) remain in the changing area(Colton Hills) or corridor(crestwood) whilst the lessons are taking place.
- We strongly recommend that you use the lockers that are located in both the male and female changing rooms. Property that is left in the changing rooms and not placed in a locker is there at the owners risk.
Eating before swimming
- The following guidance should be followed when eating before swimming. After eating a light snack allow 1 to 2 hours before entering the water, after a meal allow 3 to 5 hours.
- Preferably a swimming cap should be worn but if this is not possible please ensure that the hair is tied back using a band or bobble.
- Please do not use sharp clips or slides.
- Loose fitting (surfer type) shorts and wetsuits are not appropriate for swimming lessons as they can inhibit some of the swimming activities.
- All plasters should be removed before entering the water.
- Jewellery should be taken off for swimming as can cause serious injury. Please remove all jewellery that might cause injury and cover what cannot be taken off.
- Children of the age of 8 years must use the correct room for their gender. Parents bringing younger children should use the correct changing room appropriate to the parent.
- Men/boys of the age of 8 years must enter the poolside via the male changing room.
- Women/girls of the age of 8 years must enter the poolside via the female changing room.
Phones and mobile devices
Due to child protection issues no phones, mobile devices, cameras or video equipment are permitted on the poolside or should be used in the changing rooms.
- Swimmers wear goggles at their own risk.
- Parents must be responsible for adjusting and ensuring that the goggles fit correctly so that they do not move around and damage the eye.
- Wheelchair users and less abled bodied spectators will be accommodated according to PSOP.
- Please remove footwear before entering the poolside to prevent outdoor contamination on the poolside. Shoe covers are available to purchase (Smestow only)
Food and drink
- No food or drink is to be taken on to the poolside and unfortunately this includes snacks, sweets and drinks for spectators.
- Swimmers in the higher stages who are swimming for an hour or more can bring water in a plastic container if required.
- Please do not block fire exits.
- In the event of the fire alarm sounding please make your way out of the pool using the nearest exit and wait on the fire assembly point at the top car park . Teachers will bring the swimmers out according to EAP.
Prams and buggies
No buggies or prams can be taken on to the poolside.