What information is collected?
Booking forms are part of the registration process at the pool. We require name, emergency mobile contact number and medical information/conditions. We hold this form on file for 24 weeks then it is securely destroyed.
Some of the information provided to us may be considered sensitive personal data as defined by Data Protection Act 1998.This means information about the data subject’s ethnic or racial origin, medical conditions or information relating to bank details as sensitive. This data will only be processed following your consent.
How information is used?
Salamanda will only use information where it is necessary so that we can:
Interact and respond to any communications you send us, and any social media posts that you tag us in.
Salamanda will only post photographic material on the website of swimmers and teachers who have filled a consent form in. These are available at all pools. Salamanda will never publish photos of children on Facebook without consent. Photographs posted on Facebook page are posted by parents/guardians.
Tenders for a contractor position (otherwise sending a CV) will be retained by Salamanda only while service is being provided.
Information will be held for verifying contractor identity DBS for as long as service is provided.
Disclosure of your information to a third party.
No, we do not share your information with third parties. The only exception would be:
- We were compelled and requested by the legal Authorities to provide information.
- The Business was sold to a new owner along with our pool rights and customer detail.
- Necessary to protect the safety of our contractors/suppliers, property of the public and welfare of the customers.
Security and Data retention (Protecting information held)
Salamanda Swimming Academy will retain personal data for as long as is necessary while the service is being provided. All retained personal data is subject to the controls of our data protection policy and will be securely disposed of when it is considered to be of no further use.
- Email enquiry as soon as booking made or no further information required by the customer.
- Booking form 24 weeks.
- Medical information as long as swimmer is enrolled on the lessons
- Mobile phone contact as long as swimmer is enrolled on the lessons.
- Payment details for refunds as soon as refund issued.
- In respect of contractors/suppliers applications including teaching history in order to assess suitability for the role will be held for as long as the service is being supplied.
We try to ensure all information provided to Salamanda is transferred securely via the website enquiry form. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personnel data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted. Transmission is at your own risk.
Accessing and Updating
As a customer/supplier you are entitled to see the information held by Salamanda and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us via email or mobile telephone call.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 07879997840